22 months

Owen's days are action packed, as our little boy grows bigger and more independent. He runs from place to place in the house, going from activity to activity. I'm always amazed at how much energy he has for such a small, little guy. I love to hear the pitter patter of his feet as he's running from here to there (and he's always running). Everything about this little man is so fun and exciting. Each day he amazes me with something new he’s figured out. And I love watching his personality emerge more and more. He's figuring out the art of communication and we are figuring out how to understand what he wants!

22 Month Milestones
  • Does word pairing like, "Let's Go", "Big Truck", "Bye Daddy"
  • Is beginning to be social with other children. Instead of parallel playing, I see him interacting with other children more when he plays. On Christmas Eve we had his friend, Danilla over, and the boys were really playing together for the first time. It was so cute to watch!
  • Owen has begun imaginary play more than I've ever seen. He'll pretend to talk on the phone, make noises and build with his train set, and plays with his stuffed animals.
  • Says "No" to just about every question. Occasionally I'll get a nod of the head for a yes, but that's not terribly often.
  • Is learning different animal noises. His favorites being the snake, "SSSSSsss" lion (or Bengal tiger) "Ro00aaarrrr" or puppy "Ruff" (but kind of sounds like his word for truck as well, hehehe).
  • Grabs my hand to drag me around the house to show me what he wants. This is his way of communicating right now, which I'm starting to figure out.
  • He's pleased when he's successful and frustrated when he's not.
  • Has really gotten into putting puzzles together. He's recognizing where pieces go and learning to manipulate them to get them in place.
  • Lately he's added a handful of new words to his vocabulary each day.

0 comments: