Breast Feeding

Breast feeding has been a big part of my life for the past year. I hope this photo doesn't offend anyone, but I wanted a little shot to remember. Kind of hard to believe that I haven't documented something that I've been doing 4-6 times a day. At the beginning, it was hard. Owen and I struggled to get it down and I tell lots of people that I thought figuring out breast feeding was harder than giving birth. I remember thinking that it would be a miracle if I made it six months. But then it got easier...A LOT easier. So much so that I began to enjoy it, which was totally unexpected. Breast feeding has been this wonderful bond. My little snuggle time with Owen. I can't really explain it other than that. Owen will be transitioning to cow's milk soon, and to be honest I'm not going to miss the pumping or the nursing bras...but I will miss our bond. I seem to be holding him a little bit tighter these days.

0 comments: